Thank you for your interest in MW Group, Ltd.
MW Group, Ltd., founded on integrity and teamwork, is committed to serving our tenants and community through developing successful leaders, loyal relationships and commercial real estate. The company’s success has been created through building the following values:
- Relationship centric
- Leadership at all levels
- A commitment to timely execution
- Community investment and service
When you join the MW Ohana, you become part of a dynamic team of individuals wholly committed to the company’s values, giving back to the community and supporting each other to develop a strong team of industry leaders and rewarding careers.
Job Purpose: The Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting all Accounting functions, to include but not limited to; Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Payroll, General Ledger, Bank and Credit Card account reconciliation, and assisting in preparation of financial reports and annual budgets.
The following are essential functions of the job:
- Maintains and processes timely and accurate records for all payables and receivables, in accordance with The Plaza's Accounting Policies and Procedures.
- Reviews, processes, and maintains weekly AP invoices and payments via check, ePayables, and/or credit card.
- Reconciles vendor account statements to ensure timely payments.
- aintains ARs by updating cash receipts, transferring funds from trust bank account to operating account, updating/invoicing resident accounts, reconciling and processing monthly billing transactions.
- Reviews and posts payroll; reconciles quarterly benefit reports.
- Prepares, records, and posts manual employee payroll checks as requested.
- Assists with internal management of The Plaza's Credit Card Program, includes expense reporting and data imports into the accounting software system.
- Prepares and reports monthly General Excise Tax (GET) and process tax payments.
- Reviews and posts monthly recurring journal entries and books prepaid expense journal entries.
- Reviews and reconciles bank and credit card accounts.
- Review and reconciles general ledger accounts periodically for the preparation of financial statements.
- Provides administrative support to Home Office (e.g. order office supplies, answer phones, receive deliveries, etc.).
- Communicates and provides accounting support to community Business Office Managers and Administrators to ensure accurate billing and payments of resident and vendor transactions.
- Works collaboratively with other departments, attends community meetings, trainings and in-services as assigned.
- Adheres to all employment requirements established in the Team Member Handbook, the Operating Policies and the Procedural Manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Administrator
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited 4‐year university and/or relevant work experience equivalency.
- Proficiency with business, accounting and office software, and office equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Three (3) years of experience in Staff Accountant or similar industry position.
- One (1) year experience processing high volume APs, ARs, and billing transactions.
- Familiarity with Accounting Software System utilized by department.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Experience using office equipment such as copy, scan and fax machines.
Physical requirements of position Frequently sitting, standing; occasional reaching above shoulders, bending/stooping, perform repetitive motions; able to operate a computer and occasional lifting. In addition, must be free of communicable disease and meet company policies and procedures regarding necessary physical health.
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. The organization has the right to modify the job description at any time, as needed. The Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment and the company may exercise its "at-will" employment rights at any time.